Only full-time employees are eligible. Accrual begins the first day of the month after the employment date(if you work 15 days in the employment month) and can not be used until you are employed six months. The maximum accumulation of annual leave is what the employee earns in a two-year period.
Monthly Accrual Rates
- First of month after employment – 5 years 6.64 hrs. per month
- After 5 years of employment 10.0 hrs. per month
- After 10 years of employment 13.36 hrs. per month
No loss in pay while serving jury duty.
Deferred compensation is provided through the International City Managers Association (ICMA). The town has a partial match program for all full-time employees who have completed one year of service.
Dental insurance is provided by CareFirst BlueChoice Dental. The employee pays 50% of the premium.
Family & Medical Leave
Family and medical leave is to 12 weeks per year in accordance with the Family Medical Leave Act.
Funeral leave is up to three days for immediate family.
Full-time employees are provided medical insurance and prescription drug coverage through CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Open Access Integrated CDH Option 4, plus, a Health Savings Account (HSA) via CareFirst's BlueFund.
There are 12 holiday days off per year. New Year's Day, Martin Luther King's Birthday, Columbus Day, President's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Life insurance is effective first of the month following the date of employment in the amount of double base salary.
Military leave of up to three weeks per year with no loss in pay for Reserve or National Guard Training. Active Duty or national emergency up to a maximum of five years or in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible. All employees hired between July 1 and November 30 are awarded 32 hours of personal leave for the fiscal year. Employees hired between December 1 and June 30 are awarded personal leave as follows:
- December 1 – December 31, 24 hours
- January 1 – February 28, 16 hours
- March 1 – March 31, 8 hours
- April 1 – June 30, 0 hours
The town has two defined benefit plans for full-time employees – Sworn Officers Plan (requires employee contribution of 11.62% of base salary) and Civilian Employees Plan (requires employee contribution of 5.9% of base salary). The town contributes 8.7% of the employee's base salary to both Plans.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible. Accrual begins the first day of the month after the employment date. The maximum accumulation of sick leave is 1,600 hours.
- Eight hours per month for full-time employees
- Sick leave is prorated for part-time employees according to the number of actual hours worked in a month.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vision Plan Advantica Eye Care
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Expenses on a Pre-tax Basis
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Service, Safety and Attendance Award Program